Getting back to your normal daily activities after an illness, injury or surgery can feel like an uphill battle, but at St. Francis Medical Center, you do not have to do it alone. Our team of experienced therapists helps you overcome challenges and safely transition back to an active, independent lifestyle.
Highlights of our program
- Comprehensive care: Our rehabilitation services include an array of therapies to help improve your ability to communicate, move and perform daily functions. Our therapists are with you throughout your care journey. Therapies often start during your hospital stay and continue on an outpatient basis after you leave the hospital.
- Whole person approach: We get to know you at an individual level and work with you to set realistic recovery goals. Our genuine concern for your well-being helps us stay in tune with your comfort level and preferences during treatment. We modify therapy plans whenever necessary to keep your recovery moving forward.
- Emphasis on safety: Your safety is at the center of everything we do. We take the time to talk with you about different ways to stay safe during therapy and when you leave the hospital. We may share information about preventing falls, conserving your energy, creating a safe environment at home and protecting weak joints and muscles.
- Seamless care: We work with physicians and experts from other St. Francis care programs, including our heart surgeons and joint replacement experts (orthopedists), to deliver seamless care. Working directly with your medical team helps us tailor treatments to meet your ongoing needs. Learn more about heart care and our orthopedics, joint and spine.
Expert Rehab Services at St. Francis Medical Center
We offer a range of rehabilitation services, tailoring a treatment plan to help you regain the highest possible level of everyday functioning.
- Physical therapy: This treatment uses special exercises and activities to strengthen muscles and increase flexibility and range of motion. Even if you have never been physically active, our seasoned experts help you feel safe and comfortable during therapy. You may need physical therapy after joint replacement surgery or serious injuries (trauma).
- Speech therapy: This treatment is helpful for patients who are having difficulty speaking, understanding or communicating after a recent stroke or brain injury. Speech therapy also helps patients overcome problems with swallowing. Read more about expert stroke care available through our primary stroke center.
- Occupational therapy: We help you regain the skills and confidence necessary for independent living once you leave the hospital. Our occupational therapists help you adapt daily activities such as eating or getting dressed so you can complete them with little or no assistance. We care for patients with conditions that include vision problems and neurologic disorders such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Pediatric occupational therapy: In the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), we deliver specialized care to newborns who were born early or experienced complications shortly after birth. We help our littlest patients achieve the highest level of functioning. Therapies can help babies feed more easily or relieve discomfort from orthopedic issues. Learn more about our Level II NICU.
Contact us at (310) 900-2776 to learn more about the services we offer or to make an appointment.
St. Francis Medical Center
Health Services Pavilion, Terrace Level
3630 E. Imperial Hwy.
Lynwood, CA 90262
Monday - Friday | 7 AM to 4:30 PM