Behavioral health issues such as depression, unexplained fears (phobias) and substance abuse can affect the way your loved one thinks and feels. At St. Francis Medical Center, we deliver expert, compassionate inpatient care when behavioral health issues interfere with your loved one’s everyday functioning or pose a threat to his or her safety. Our program offers hope for healing and a personalized path to recovery.
Highlights of Our Program
- Personalized care: Inpatient treatment at St. Francis includes medication and therapies tailored to meet your loved one’s unique needs. Our psychiatrists visit your loved one every day to evaluate response to treatment and make changes whenever necessary.
- 24/7 access: Our licensed behavioral health professionals are available 24/7, every day of the year. You can reach us by calling our crisis hotline at (310) 900-8210.
- Expert care: Our team includes psychiatrists and psychologists, experts who specialize in meeting the unique needs of behavioral health patients. In addition, social workers and therapists provide comprehensive support and care.
- Team approach: Our multi-specialty approach helps your loved one receive the best possible care based on the recommendations of multiple experts. We help set realistic recovery goals and give your loved one the treatments, support and encouragement to achieve them.
- Confidentiality: We honor our patients’ right to confidentiality and take extra steps to protect the information they share with us. Even if you are a friend or family member, we cannot share information about your loved one’s care unless we have received written permission through a signed release of information form.
- Flexible visitor policies: Our visiting hours include evenings, weekends and holidays, making it easy for you to stay connected with your loved one. Up to 2 visitors are welcome at a time. With physician approval, you may be able to visit your loved one outside of regular visiting hours or with more than 2 visitors.
Meet the Psychiatric Evaluation (PET) Team
We offer comprehensive behavioral health services with a compassionate approach, helping anyone in need get expert care. Our psychiatric evaluation (PET) team delivers specialized care to adults and children in crisis. A behavioral health crisis is a frightening experience in which your loved one may feel a loss of control over their emotions or sense of well-being.
Our licensed mental health professionals serve the entire county of Los Angeles. We provide timely evaluations to any person experiencing or at risk of experiencing a psychological crisis.
After an evaluation, we may recommend a voluntary or involuntary stay at St. Francis until your loved one is better able to manage their thoughts and emotions. Our team members have the legal authority per the Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) 5150 to perform these assessments. In cases requiring involuntary hospitalizations, the team will arrange transport to a psychiatric facility in which help is available.
Call us to learn more about the services we offer or to make an appointment
-- or --
if you or a loved one is in crisis.
- Monday - Friday | 3 - 4 PM and 8 - 9 PM
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays | 2 - 4 PM and 8 - 9 PM